The APCU has compiled a list of strategic and tactical resources that can help to inform your planning and decision-making related to the re-opening of your campus for the fall and beyond. This information will be updated as new information from multiple sources becomes available. Please check back on a regular basis for items that can support your work.
Thursday, June 04 2020
This article was recently published in the Journal of the American Medical Association and discusses the results of a 2007 pandemic preparedness study by the University of Michigan's Center for the History of Medicine. In particular, the study focused on the impact of social distancing and quarantine during the 1918 influenza pandemic on death rates in U.S. cities and how what we can learn from that to assist our current planning efforts. Access.
- Steptoe & Johnson, PLLC: OCR Releases Resource on School Re-openings and Student Rights
- TimelyMD: Post-pandemic campus life and student mental health needs in higher education
- Academic Innovators: Finding Liquidity for Updating Programs and Facilities for Tomorrow
- TimelyMD: Stimulus Funding: A Lifeline for Student Well-being
- NAICU: Private Nonprofit Higher Education: Shaping Lives and Anchoring Communities