The APCU has compiled a list of strategic and tactical resources that can help to inform your planning and decision-making related to the re-opening of your campus for the fall and beyond. This information will be updated as new information from multiple sources becomes available. Please check back on a regular basis for items that can support your work.
Wednesday, September 30 2020
Numerous studies and surveys indicate that the mental health of students has significantly worsened in the last few months. As a recent story by Sarah Brown in the Chronicle of Higher Education underscores, these mental health concerns are likely to be higher for students of color, whose populations are disproportionately affected by COVID-19 and the country’s racial tensions and distress. It’s essential that colleges and universities prepare to support the mental health of students of color, whether students return to campus or continue remote learning. Access.
- TimelyMD: Supporting the Mental Health of Students of Color
- CDC (updated): Health Considerations and Tools for Colleges & Universities
- Cushman & Wakefield: Cleaning & Operational Solutions that Promote Safe Property Operations
- Moody's: Higher Education Sector Comment
- Shifting focus to a comprehensive COVID-19-monitoring infrastructure