The APCU has compiled a list of strategic and tactical resources that can help to inform your planning and decision-making related to the re-opening of your campus for the fall and beyond. This information will be updated as new information from multiple sources becomes available. Please check back on a regular basis for items that can support your work.
Thursday, May 27 2021
The APCU's newest Strategic Partner, Steptoe & Johnson, PLLC, has just posted an alert about the availability of an extended Q&A from the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights (“OCR”). The Q&A emphasizes that students with disabilities must continue to receive appropriate accommodations even within virtual settings. Further, even as the pandemic necessitates the continued use of novel teaching environments, the responsibility of institutions to investigate, resolve and ameliorate instances of harassment and discrimination is not diminished, through some alteration of process may be permitted. Access.
- Steptoe & Johnson, PLLC: OCR Releases Resource on School Re-openings and Student Rights
- TimelyMD: Post-pandemic campus life and student mental health needs in higher education
- Academic Innovators: Finding Liquidity for Updating Programs and Facilities for Tomorrow
- TimelyMD: Stimulus Funding: A Lifeline for Student Well-being
- NAICU: Private Nonprofit Higher Education: Shaping Lives and Anchoring Communities